System Engineer for Landing Gear and Actuation Systems
System Engineer for the Landing Gear and Actuation Systems Integration Team
The candidate will perform Landing Gear and/or Actuation System engineering and integration. Will design the Landing Gear sub-systems architecture and will integrate these to the overall LG system taking care of its integration on the aircraft based on customer specification requirements. Will be responsible of the LG sub-systems development and engineering for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Will interact with external and internal customer to assure the overall internal LG interface requirements and external aircraft interface requirements.
Will support/assure LG sub-systems qualification and LG System certification on the aircraft.
Mechanical or Aeronautics/Aerospace Master Degree.
Consolidated experience of at the least 10 years in System Engineering/Integration with specific focus on landing gear and actuation systems preferred. Acquired experience of load analysis and system dynamic performance analysis, as well as reliability, and safety of LG system is a plus. Experience of Integration of LG System, including rolling stock, braking, steering and relevant control subsystems.
Previous international work experience in Aerospace Companies/Sector particularly on Hydro/Electro-Mechanical systems is highly preferred.
Required knowledges and skills
• Landing Gear Systems Architecture Design
• Landing Gear Sub-Systems Architecture Design (Wheels and Brake, Braking Actuation and Anti-Skid Control System, Steering Actuation and Control System, Landing Gear Positioning and Indicating Control System)
• Basic knowledge of dynamic modeling tools for hydraulic equipment behavior numerical simulation
• Knowledge of hydro/electro-mechanical devices functioning. Landing gear shock absorbers, kinematics, hydraulic actuators and valves, electro-mechanical linear and rotary actuators.
• Desired knowledge of CATIA V5 software tool or equivalent CAE tool
• Knowledge/usage of PLM system for configuration and documentation management. Team Center by Siemens preferred.
• Fluent English written and spoken.
• Advanced use of software tools for documents editing, calculation sheet, and presentation slides preparation.
• Self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
• Excellent attitude to technical problem analysis for simple design solution identification aimed to optimize manufacturing process in the respect of the customer requirements and design rules
• Very good capability of troubleshooting analysis
• Excellent team working capability, and ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders
• Natural attitude to “Problem Solving” and “Customer Satisfaction” Orientation
• Strength of mind and effective capability of managing working stress situation
• Strong Communication skill and excellent international relationship capability