Senior Stress Engineer for Landing Gear and Actuation Systems
Senior Stress Engineer for the Landing Gear and Actuation Systems Analysis and Performance Team
The candidate for the senior level Stress Engineer position will be competent in a range of technical skills to perform Load, Stress, and Fatigue analysis of Landing Gear and Actuation Systems for fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Will size the required equipment accordingly. Will interact with external and internal customer to correctly size landing gear equipment and components to fully satisfy the customer and airworthiness requirements. Will support equipment qualification testing.
We are looking for a candidate with strong stress analysis experience gained over several years in the field of Landing Gears and Hydraulic equipment, able to work autonomously. With extensive work experience and knowledge of Nastran-Patran and Catia as well as other recognized FEA and fatigue software tools. Able to perform static Hand calculations competently.
Proven experience in analyzing and reporting on Landing Gear structural design as well as Test Program and results correlation experience within the Aerospace industry.
Mechanical or Aeronautics/Aerospace Master Degree.
Consolidated experience of 10 years in load, stress, and fatigue analysis matured on mechanical and aeronautical equipment with specific focus on landing gear systems and hydraulic components, kinematics, and Hydro/Electro-Mechanical Actuation Systems and Components. Acquired systems dynamic performance analysis experience is a plus.
Previous international work experience in Aerospace Companies/Sector on Hydro/Electro-Mechanical systems is highly preferred.
Required knowledges and skills
• Understanding of working to regulatory requirements
• Advanced structural analysis capability of complex isostatic and iperstatic mechanical system structures
• Advanced hand calculation skill.
• Materials -Understanding of material engineering properties in respect of stress analysis
• Linear and non-linear, contact, linear gap, modal, buckling, and fatigue analysis capabilities
• Advanced knowledge of Nastran-Patran, MSC Fatigue, SOL 400, SOL 700, Femap, Hypermesh
• Fatigue Analysis using in house tools and commercial product nCode or MSC Fatigue
• Knowledge and ability to use CATIA V5 with relevant Kinematics or equivalent CAE tool. Working with designers.
• Basic knowledge of metallic material properties. Relevant special treatments and finishing processes for structural characteristics improvements and corrosion prevention/protection.
• Strong knowledge of functioning of Landing gear shock absorbers, kinematics, hydraulic actuators and valves, electro-mechanical linear and rotary actuators. Basic knowledge of hydro/electro-mechanical devices.
• Desired knowledge of basic dynamic modeling tools for hydraulic equipment behavior numerical simulation
• Knowledge/usage of PLM system for configuration and documentation management. Team Center by Siemens preferred.
• Load, Stress, and Fatigue analysis reports editing of complex mechanical structures
• Fluent English written and spoken. Bilingual would be an asset.
• Advanced use of software tools for documents editing, calculation sheet, and presentation slides preparation.
• Self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
• Excellent attitude to technical problem analysis for simple design solution identification aimed to optimize manufacturing process in the respect of the customer requirements and design rules
• Very good capability of troubleshooting analysis
• Excellent team working capability, and ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders
• Natural attitude to “Problem Solving” and “Customer Satisfaction” Orientation
• Strength of mind and effective capability of managing working stress situation
• Strong Communication skill and excellent international relationship capability